Colorado Pre License Requirements:
|Total Hours||Mandatory||Elective Hours|
Colorado Pre License Individual Courses
|Total Hours||Price||Add To Cart|
Affordable Housing: Solutions for Homes and Financing
Assistance Animals And Fair Housing
Breaking Barriers: Fair Housing
Hot Topics in Real Estate
Roadmap to Success - Business Planning for Real Estate Professionals
Taxes and Real Estate: What You Need to Know
Colorado State Requirement Details for Employing Broker Real Estate Pre-Licensing Education
Effective January 1, 2018, any license issued will expire on December 31 of the year of issue. There is no mandatory continuing education requirement(s) during this initial license period. Thereafter, a licensee will renew a license on a calendar year cycle commencing on January 1 of year one (1) and expiring on December 31 of year three (3).
Transition Period: A license expiring on one’s anniversary date in the years of 2018, 2019, or 2020, will be renewed for a period of time equal to two (2) years plus the remaining days in the third (3rd) year to reach December 31. (The length of the transition period is dependent on the anniversary date and could be as long as three (3) years or as short as two (2) years and one (1) day.) Licensees are required to complete the mandatory continuing education requirements during the transition licensing period. Thereafter, a licensee will renew a license on a calendar year cycle commencing on January 1 of year one (1) and expiring on December 31 of year three (3). There will be a proration of renewal fees based upon the time of expiration.
State Requirements: Each applicant for an employing broker level license must submit evidence satisfactory to the Commission that the applicant has practiced as an active licensed broker, as appropriate to the broker’s area of supervision, for at least two (2) years within the five (5) year period immediately preceding the date of application.
The evidence must also demonstrate that the applicant’s experience as a licensed broker, as appropriate to the broker’s area of supervision, qualifies the applicant for a total of at least fifty (50) points having accumulated within the five (5) year period immediately preceding the date of application, based on the following point system:
- Each full year that the applicant has practiced as an employing broker, as defined by Colorado law, is worth ten (10) points.
- Each full year that the applicant was delegated supervisory authority from an employing broker that included responsibility for ensuring compliance with the Commission statutes and rules, and that ensured responsibility for the brokerage (excluding any mentorship) is worth five (5) points. (A copy of the detailed executed delegation of authority must be included.)
- Each hour of a continuing education approved and designated educational course in the broker’s area of expertise completed after January 1, 2018, is worth one (1) point. (This educational point category cannot exceed twenty (20) points.)
- Each completed or closed residential sales transaction is worth three (3) points.
- Each completed or closed commercial sales transaction is worth six (6) points.
- Each completed or closed vacant land sales transaction is worth six (6) points.
- Each administered commercial property management transaction is worth four (4) points.
- Each administered residential property management transaction is worth two (2) points.
- Each completed or closed commercial lease transaction is worth two (2) points. Each completed or closed residential lease transaction is worth one (1) point.
- Each completed or closed time share sales transaction is worth two (2) points.
Pre-Licensing Final Exams: Final exams must be passed with a minimum of 75% and may be taken as many times as necessary.
Course Completions: Students must participate in each course for the number of hours of credit awarded and daily course segments cannot exceed 8 hours. Our online course delivery system manages this requirement for you.
The CE Shop’s Offering: The CE Shop does not currently offer the 24-Hr Broker Administration Course. We offer the following courses that are approved to meet the 20 points requirement of the 50 point requirement for Employing Broker pre-licensing education under Rule A-27(B)(3):
- Assistance Animals and Fair Housing - 4 hours
- Affordable Housing: Solutions for Homes and Financing - 3 hours
- Using the Code to Solve Ethical Dilemmas
- Sex and Real Estate: Sexual Harassment, Sexual Discrimination, and Fair Housing - 3 hours
- Taxes and Real Estate: What You Need to Know - 3 hours
- Going Green: The Environmental Movement in Real Estate - 3 hours
- Roadmap to Success: Business Planning for Real Estate Professionals - 3 hours
- Hot Topics In Real Estate - 3 hours
- Breaking Barriers: Fair Housing - 3 hours
Reporting: The state does not require schools to report qualifying course completions. Students will submit their certificate of completion with their license application.
Expiration Date of Course: Course expiration dates vary by course but are generally one year after order date. Each course has an individual expiration date which is listed in your account.
Certificates: Once The CE Shop has received the signed affidavit, your certificate of course completion will become available to download (and via email). The CE Shop will provide students with an electronic certificate of completion, upon completion of the course. Certificates will remain in your account for a minimum of five years, should you need additional copies. Please refer to your license application to determine if you need to submit your certificate of completion with your license request. Course completion dates are recorded using Central Standard Time. Please note that the date of your certificate of completion will reflect this. The Colorado Division of Real Estate does not record your completion of your courses. Each licensee MUST keep records documenting proof of completion of continuing education for a period of four years. (C.R.S. 12-61-113(w)).
License Renewal Process: The process to renew in this state is to log in to the licensing system online and follow the prompts to renew here.
Street Address: 1560 Broadway, Suite 925, Denver, CO 80202
Telephone: 303.894.2166 or 303.894.2185